I usually ignore requests to post things like this, but I'm still on vacation and just want to listen to music and write a bit, plus I haven't updated Jough.com in such as forever, so here it goes, courtesy of @hirechelsea.
The rules are simple. Write seven things about yourself and then tag seven people, link to their blogs and ask them to do the same.
- I have a hard time feeling loved. I mean, I know people love me, and I believe in their love, I just don't feel it. I think this may be one of the main reasons I don't believe in God. Loving other people I have no problem with.
- I value loyalty in friendships and relationships more than any other trait or attribute.
- I hate the process of writing poetry, although I love having the poems when I've finished writing them. I'm my own favourite poet. I used to enjoy writing when the result didn't matter to me as much. Since I've been pushing myself to improve, turning towards danger and risk in my own writing, the process has been draining, wearing me out. I started writing again in earnest at around the same time I started exercising and eating better.
- This isn't really a secret anymore since I've started the Clean Livin' blog, but I've lost 87 pounds since mid-June 2008 (so far) and the kicker is that I really haven't been trying that hard. If I'd known it would be this easy, I'd have started sooner. I guess I shouldn't oversell the "easy" of it, because it's a lot of work, but it's not difficult. It's so simple, in fact, that I can't believe I've been this overweight for so long. By this time next year I won't be a fat guy anymore (although I'll still have some weight to lose, I suppose).
- I try to be honourable whenever I can. Honour isn't something that we value as a society, or even think about often, but for me it goes beyond doing the right thing and further towards being a right thing. I like to think of myself as an instrument of good in the world. I'm still working on this one because it's so much easier to take the path of lesser resistance much of the time. Honour can be unpleasant.
- I'm pretentious in a lot of ways. I use British spellings for words like colour, honourable, favourite. It's a matter of personal style. Hell, I have a u in my name where it doesn't belong either. I used to read books or watch films that I thought I should be reading, or that would make me sound cool to be knowledgeable about. In most other ways, though, I'm pretty down to earth. I have no "guilty pleasures" because I'm not ashamed of liking things that I genuinely like, such as music or films. "Top Gun" and "Roadhouse" are two of my favourite movies, but they're not guilty pleasures - they're movies that I enjoy watching.
- I don't know what the purpose of my life is, if I even have one, but it's something that I think about often.