Internet Jackass Day 2008 *
- Google is Going to Mars – with Richard Branson no less (this one is almost believable)
- Classy Query – for those who like jQuery but could use something more verbose.
- Apple Releases “iPhone SDK” – they released this one a little early, I thought, but I realized it was a joke when I read about the distribution model, and how you couldn’t run background processes which meant that you wouldn’t be able to do anything really useful while mobile. Good one, Apple!
- ThinkGeek’s “Betamax to HD-DVD Converter – watch the demonstration video
- Every Featured Video on YouTube
- Google Wake Up Kit
- InfoWorld on Microsoft’s Acquisition of Yahoo – this one isn’t funny at all
- Gmail Custom Time – yet another I wish wasn’t a joke – this could be useful (”I sent that to you yesterday!”)
- Google Calendar “I’m Feeling Lucky” – push the button to have a new random event added to your calendar
- PC World: Google to Organize all Human Ignorance – I thought they’d already done that?
- New Xbox Accessories – that helmet is pretty sweet looking
- iLounge Parodies Apple’s “Hot News” – the trick to good parody is to be only a few degrees off-center
- Butterfinger becomes “The Finger”
Way, way more listed at Wikipedia.
* Otherwise known as “April Fool’s Day.” Tip of the hat to Andy Baio for this term.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Internet Jackass Day 2008 *,” an entry on Jough.com is Jough Dempsey
- 04.01.08 / 1pm
- General Ramblings